terms & conditions
As the host, Valbruna Travel is responsible to the participants for all services and accommodations. Valbruna Travel, its agents, servants and employees shall not be responsible for personal injuries or property damage, loss or delay or change of itinerary incurred by any person or tour participant arising out of the act of negligence of any hotel or other person rendering any of these services or accommodations nor shall Valbruna Travel be responsible for any injuries, death, damage, or loss or delay in any event beyond the actual control of Valbruna Travel. By assuming all risks involved, participants agree not to hold Valbruna Travel, its officers, employees, or agents liable for any accident that may occur in conjunction with the trip.
In the unlikely event that the trip is canceled, all monies will be refunded. Valbruna Travel reserves the right to make changes in itineraries due to unforeseen events. Certain activities on the schedule are controlled by weather and/or other outside factors. Valbruna Travel cannot assure times at any point of an itinerary, because of weather or unexpected changes of schedule due to unforeseeable events. All efforts will be made to keep the schedule changes minimal and any cancelled activity will be replaced with an equivalent alternative
Valbruna Travel will do everything in its power to refund all your money if you are forced to cancel your trip. Please notify us as soon as possible if you must cancel so we can try to fill the vacancy and/or refund all the money that is not committed to third parties or agents.
However traveler agrees to the following cancellation fee schedule, which will be applied against his/her deposit and/or the full payment for the program.
Please note all cancellation fees are per person.
Days Prior to Program Cancellation Fees:
>120 Full Refund
It is strongly recommended that you purchase a travel protection plan offered by numerous travel insurance companies
Currency exchange rate
Valbruna Travel reserves its right to adjust pricing due to variations of the Euro/US$ currency exchange rate until full payment is made. By making your full payment you will be protected by any fluctuations of the exchange rate.
If a price change occurs before final payment is made you will have the right to cancel your reservation and you will receive a 100% refund of your deposit.
Each guest must obtain a passport and any applicable visas for his or her tour prior to departure. If a guest is unable to obtain travel documents or is prohibited from entering the destination country, our standard cancellation policy will apply. Passports must be valid for at least six months after the tour ends. Non-U.S. citizens should contact the embassy or consulate of their destination countries to ensure they meet specific entry requirements.
Release of Liability + Miscellaneous
After submitting your deposit, you will receive a Traveler Profile to complete. This profile must be signed and returned to Valbruna Travel within 10 days of receipt in order to finalize your trip. The Traveler Profile enables Valbruna Travel to secure your bicycle, note dietary restrictions, and recognize any special requests you may have.
By submitting your deposit and completing your Traveler Profile, you agree to the following Traveler Code:
- I have chosen a trip that suits my abilities, level of fitness, and state of health.
- I do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that are a hazard to me or other travelers.
- I have a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates, and vaccinations required for travel.
- I will read all pre-trip materials about clothing, medical requirements, and culture-specific etiquette.
- I will make sure to communicate any special requests at least 30 days prior to travel. This includes dietary restrictions, medical requirements, and room preferences. I understand that Valbruna Travel will make every effort to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be met.
- I will respect the laws and customs of countries visited.
- I will follow environmental guidelines and regulations while on the trip in accordance with guide direction.
- I will respect the rights and privacy of fellow guests.
- I understand that group travel invariably involves compromise to accommodate the diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities of all group members. Valbruna Travel guides may be required to improvise and exercise good faith, use discretion, and/or make decisions based upon group consensus. These decisions may not always please each individual, but are intended to satisfy the larger desires of the group.
- I understand that Valbruna Travel reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behavior could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests. An individual may be asked to leave a trip if the leader determines that the person’s continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group.
- I understand a road less traveled means that access to medical facilities and evacuation services may be limited.
- I understand the weather is out of Valbruna Travel’s control.
- I will always wear a helmet when riding or skiing.
- I will not wear headphones when riding or skiing.
- I will consume alcohol responsibly.
If you do not consent to these regulations, you risk dismissal from the tour and returning home at your expense with no refund for the missed tour portion. Valbruna Travel reserves the right to decline or cancel a reservation should the individual’s health or behavior impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests.
Release of Liability
Valbruna Travel is not liable for bodily injury or property damage as a result of (but not limited to): physical exertion for which a guest is not prepared; forces of nature; collisions with bicycles, pedestrians, or automobiles; road conditions including but not limited to lack of shoulder and roadway surfaces affected by weather conditions; travel by plane, train, auto, boat, or other conveyance, or by bicycle, ski, horseback, foot, or other form of active or adventure travel; consumption of alcoholic beverages; civil unrest; terrorism; breakdown of equipment; high altitude; lack of or limited access to medical attention in remote locations or the adequacy of medical attention once provided.
Guests who fail to provide a signed Release of Liability prior to departure will not be permitted to join the trip and standard cancellation policy will apply.
Limitations of Liability
Valbruna Travel is not liable for expenses including meals, transportation, or hotel costs that are not specified as included in the trip cost but may be required to get to or from a trip start or end. Valbruna Travel reserves the right to make route and hotel modifications as necessary to improve the quality of a trip or to accommodate the comfort and well being of guests.
Valbruna Travel is not responsible for loss of passports, tickets, or other documents, or loss of or damage to luggage, personal property, or other passenger belongings.
While Valbruna Travel makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of our publications, we cannot be held responsible for typographical or printing errors, including prices.
Valbruna Travel recognizes that some guests may have severe food allergies. We make every effort to ensure that our suppliers are notified and prepared, but cannot guarantee that all requests will be accommodated.
Additionally, guests grant Valbruna Travel permission to take photographs or film recordings of trips for promotional and commercial use, without remuneration. The guest agrees to assign all right, title, and interest they may have in or to any media in which their name or likeness might be used to Valbruna Travel. Guests agree that Valbruna Travel may use any testimonials regarding services rendered for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any remuneration. Valbruna Travel photography within this website is copyrighted by Valbruna Travel and may not be reproduced without permission.